Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Great Food Tour

That mind as well have been be what our vacation was called... "The Great Food Tour" aka 'Get Tim Fat'. It was awesome! From grandpa's beer battered trout, to my Prime Rib,
it was a-mazing. The best was when it culminated in our visit to 'The City' (San Fran)
for some seriously good eats. We had lunch at Zuni Cafe and got this awesome table that over looked the kitchen while they cooked. I felt like I was in ratatoullie where they are watching amazing food being prepared.
It made me want to open up my own place and serve delicious food that people would think about for the next 2 months. The food at Zuni was amazing, fresh and simple, with the perfect combinations of flavors and textures.

We stayed in the city for dinner and ate at an incredible restaurant called 'Aziza'. It was this gourmet Morroccan fusion restaurant that serves some of the tastiest food ever. The highlight of my meal was the rabbit. It was absolutely fantastic. Anyways, it was a great vacation and I hope to continue this food tour throughout my whole life.

3 comments:

Melissa Brosch said...

seriously sounds like heaven! I am sorta jealous.

Kim Tostada said...

wow.. this was bad timing for me to check out your blog.. i am soooo hungry right now and was just thinking about what I want to eat :)

Glad to hear you and Natalie had a great food experience and a great vacation.. I think it's hard not to have a good vacation when awesome food is invovled.

I think i'm gonna go eat now :)

My name is Matt Gargula said...

this must have been the "almost" great food tour... since i was not around! ha!


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.