Thursday, January 10, 2008

Humanity


So our church has added a 3rd service to our Sunday mornings. Partly because we don't have that much room since the fire, and partly because it is going to help solve some of the music issues that our church has been unable to resolve. (lame)
So for better or for worse I am the primary speaker @ our 3rd service called "Awaken".
I don't know if it is because of this new responsibility or what, but have been spending alot of time thinking about humans.

Eric Tonnas is a biola prof., and some friends of mine just heard him speak @ hume. One of his main points was that the human being is the crown-jewel of God's creation. I tend to stand in awe and marvel @ sunsets, the ocean, or the mountains, but I overlook God's most incredible creation all the time. I makes me think that I am just not getting it when it comes to people.

People bother me, get in my way, make my job difficult, and are everywhere. I love them sometimes, and want to avoid them at all costs @ other times. I don't know if it is human beings or their fallen condition that I tend to dislike, but I don't want to get the two confused.

3 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

this was a really good thought. I kind of want to use it soon in a talk.

Matt Doan said...

Wow,

Tim great stuff.
I have never thought
like this before.

Kim Tostada said...

Great thoughts!

It's neat to see God opening more opportunities to use you right where you are at. May His blessing continue to be on you and Natalie :)


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.