Monday, October 22, 2007

...and then my church burned down


(House down the street from the church)

"... and then my church burned down."
I think it sounds like a line that you throw in the middle of a story that people are losing interest in.
Kinda like- "... and then I found $5"
And then when it really happens you don't know how to react. It's so weird how one day changes what life and ministry are going to be like for at least the next two years.

300 house burned down in Rancho Bernardo. I have no clue how many of those people I know. I have no clue if our condo is still there or not. (good thing we rent) - I think...

I'm at my parents in Laguna Niguel, my friend Rick and I are gonna drive down in the morning to see if we can get into town. He's 99% sure his house is gone. (he's married with 4 kids)

Crazy

I'll update with new info tommorrow.
God is here.

5 comments:

jenni said...

tim we are praying for you and nat and for all the families at your church.

Kim Tostada said...

hey Tim and Natalie,
I just want to echo what Jenni already said and let you know you guys are in our thoughts and we are praying for you, your church fam, and even those people around you that you don't know. If you need ANYTHING please let us know. We are here for you guys!!

Barb said...

I just want you to know, that I am praying for you up here in Kelowna, BC. Canada. I have been watching it all on CNN. Part of my heart is there too, as my Brother Bob Domeij was Music Minister at your church,(RBBC) for a few years before he passed away in Jan./2005. Our family up here are remembering you & feel for your sadness. But the "Church with a Heart" will continue "To Stand"
God be with You All. Sincerely:
Barb Domeij McQuary

Eric Wakeling said...

Tim - I'm looking forward to tonight's post. There is a church in Austin that wants to help out in any way you need. Just let me know.

Melissa Brosch said...

I am praying so hard. I love you guys a ton. Remember that the mobile mansion is right down the street from your parent's house. If you need a little coming relief, Cory and I are ready willing and able...


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.