Thursday, November 15, 2007

breakfast pastries

Ever since my office got destroyed by the fire I have been visiting many of the fine eating establishments in our area, using them as a temporary office space. -(hilarious movie)

In these visitations I have sampled many of the pastries that these "cafe's" have to offer. I must say, I have been quite disappointed with the lack of flavor and attention to detail that I have been presented with over the last couple of weeks.

If I find a place with good bagels... they have bad toasters. Good toasters- bad bagels. Muffins are drab, and lack the abundance of blueberries that are necessary for a delicious breakfast experience. (Even the muffin-tops aren't what they used to be ;)

But I have found my pastry of choice! Amongst the coals, I have found my diamond!


The Tart Cherry Scone at Panera is excellent! Topped with a dusting of powdered sugar, these scones are fantastic. Not to sweet (like starbucks) yet with the perfect texture. It is loaded with delicious semi-dried cherries, and is the perfect compliment to a cup of hot coffee.
The $2.49 price tag is a little steep for my liking, but is quickly forgotten after the first bite. I suggest you try one, the are scrumptulescent!

No comments:


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.