Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hume n' Beans

It's 11:14pm right now, and I'm sitting here in the Meadow Ranch coffee shop at Hume. I got here yesterday afternoon, and after one day up here I have realized something. I miss God.
It's kind of a weird thing to say for me, a pastor who teaches out of God's word every week... But it's how I feel right now. As I was sitting with 270 high school guys and their leaders, around a campfire, singing worship songs and taking communion, I realized how much I miss my God.
I'm not sure what this means for me, but I love Jesus, and want him to restore my heart.

3 comments:

Matt Doan said...

I am so jealous you are up at Hume this weekend. I love that Hume Lake is not only for our students but also for us. God is kind to us in this way. Keep blogging, I seriously live for your next post.

jenni said...

Dude, I love Hume. I love you. I love the fact that you can admit you miss God. I know the feeling. God is there, he always is, we just don't seek him... Thing is you could not be in a better spot right now, Hume will help.
-Seth

Kim Tostada said...

I read "jenni's" comment and thought that doesn't sound like something jenni would say.. and then I saw Seth's name at the bottom.. ha ha.. that was funny to me.. Anyway, we hope your time at Hume was blessed..

The Estrada Family


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.