Thursday, November 1, 2007

What do we do now?

What do we do now? How can I help?...

If I got a dollar for every time I was asked these questions in the last week, I would be retired, driving a Ferrari, and sitting on my beach front house in Barbados.

This just goes to show that we are in uncharted territories, and that life has taken a significant turn down a road we did not expect.

A lot has taken place since the last time I blogged.

-I Met the fire fighters that saved our church:


(The told me that if I stand with my arms crossed, it would make me look buff)

We sifted through the ashes of Stan and Shana's house...




Since most of their stuff was burned, Natalie and some of our high school girls took Shana (15 yr old sophomore) to the mall for a shopping spree. I am so proud of how the kids @ rbbc have been there every step of the way.

We also:
-Set up a relief center @ our church
-Cleaned up multiple houses of their ash, burned fences, shrubs etc...
-Got interviewed by CNN, 700 club, local news, and more... (So begins my career as a televangelist)
-Had our first church service using only our downstairs facility
*If you are looking for church unity, just burn down the main sanctuary
-And last night had our annual harvest festival, where we had over 400 people from our community come and celebrate God's faithfulness with us.

All this to say -I am sooooo tired- It hit me Sunday after noon, and I have barely been able to function for the last 3 days. My emotions have been all over the place, I almost fell asleep (standing up) while taking Bo on a walk.

Where we go from hear is uncertain, but I know that this is our journey, and I know where it will end.

4 comments:

Amber said...

You rock Tim. I know you're tired, but God is using you in so many ways. Keep up the amazing work! I'm praying for you and for the church body. :)

Melissa Brosch said...

You do look buffer with your arms crossed! I'll pass the trick onto Cory. :) I love to hear that the body of Christ is unifying...what a sweet thing.

Victor Estrada said...

praying that God supplies you w/ rest in every way so you can recharge and continue the journey God is taking you and Nat on.

Kim Tostada said...

whoops.. that was me not Victor.. but I know he is praying too..


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.