Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weedin' the garden

In preparation for our Easter sunrise service, I was pulling some weeds up on the hillside to clear an area for people sit. Most of the vegetation and trees were burnt out by the fires or removed since then. This has dramatically decreased the number of people who used this area to indulge in their various libations and narcotic activities.

We have received our fair share of rain in the last 2 months here in San Diego, and new life has been emerging from our scorched earth. So as I'm clearing the area up on the hillside I all of a sudden find myself faced with this...


Now, I'm not sure what processes in the whole pot smoking preparation went on up on that hill, but this guy was growing there, plain as day. So I quickly went from pulling weeds to harvesting weed. I don't know if someones 'secret stash' was un-earthed, or if our hillside is soon to be graced by a 'forbidden garden', but whatever the case, it made me laugh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can never be too sure with that stuff. Got any samples? Need someone to take it away? hehe.. this would only happen to you my Mexican brutha from anotha mutha

Amber said...

HA! Only you, Tim.. only you.

Doug Brown said...

i just want to be on your blog roll. i am gunna blog more i can do it tim trust in me


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.