Friday, November 20, 2009

Ms. Hill

I seriously think that there might be a soundtrack of Lauren Hill constantly playing in the minds of black people. Let me explain...

Lauren Hill has this flow, the kind of flow that me as a white person is totally void of. Just listening to here brings rhythm and flow to what ever I do. I walk, write, think, even type in a fluid motion when she's singing in my ears...

Unfortunately this flow and rhythm is only present when I'm listening to her... My normal flow seems to be much more along the lines of 90's punk -fast, choppy, driving, with a hint of harmony.

Oh how I wish I could choose the soundtrack that played in my mind.

2 comments:

Alicia147 said...

hah...you might appreciate this then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1TZO_sOsVo

(kind of depressing, but still really good!)

Mae Leah said...

lauryn is so amazing!


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.