Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Beauty from splinters


So one of my high schoolers dropped my guitar off the top bunk at Hume this year. It was pretty jacked up, the top was all split. I didn't really friek out because I have decided not to care about stuff as much as I used to, but I was still pretty bummed. It was my high school graduation present from my parents so there was a little sentiment there as well.

So, I thought I was without my "knock around" guitar from now on, and would only have my breedlove to play. But low and behold the kid showed up to church 3 weeks later with 4 hundi for a new guitar! So I went to guitar center with my friend Paul (who gets fatty discounts cause he used to work there) and decided to purchase the martin DX1. The guitar is pretty simple -no frills, and it doesn't even have a natural wood body. I was super skeptical about getting it, but I've had it for a week and absolutely love it. The tone is warm, the action is great... I actually like playing it more that my breedlove. All of this and I only paid $346 for the thing! ($499 normally). I highly recommend you get one!

5 comments:

jenni said...

hi tim,
just thought i would stop by and say "hi". congrats on the new guitar :)

Melissa Brosch said...

I'm not surprised that you got something new and free. You always get free stuff!

Victor Estrada said...

Thats awesome that you got a new one. Martins are known for their well balanced warm tones. Anyway, I'm glad you like it cause thats all that counts. right?

Some day you gotta switch from bass to guit and lead. =)

Randy Harris said...

tim!!! you blog!@!? awesome. I had a nice guitar, but my son (now an intern at Calvary!!) fell on it playing air guitar in his socks on our wood floor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim and Natalie,
What is the latest news on your church? Will you rebuild?
We missed you at Scott's b-day!
Gail and Don


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.