Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Mexican Dream

So I went down to baja last weekend to work with some deaf and mute kids down in Ensenada. While I was down there I came to some conclusions...

I will never experience the American Dream. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to own a house. I don't have any kids. (I blame 5 years of Jr. High ministry for that one. It's like I have a target on my nether-region) So I've come to accept that the typical ideals for the American dream will never happen for me and my wife.




But!... The Mexican dream just might be possible for Natalie and I. Being a Mexican citizen I have a chance to own my own little piece of the madre-land. I can have my own house, with a satalite dish, and my own business that I run from my front yard. I was also thinking that I could buy mas quantities of beach front property and "lease" it out to families from the US that don't want to get involved with the 99 year leases that the mexican gov. sets up. I just may own my little slice of paradise yet.

For Some reason that makes me feel better about life, and I don't know why.

2 comments:

Melissa Brosch said...

There is also the "mobile mansion" dream. Its just like owning a house...just made of cardboard.

Randy Harris said...

except for the kids part... its not all its all cracked up to be...

btw, sign me up to the Nellis playa fachada vernaculo. yo allá por en latido del corazón.


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.