Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hotter than Hemmit

Yeah so, it's hot... and so I've been thinking of hell a little more than normal.

I saw these two Mormon guys walking down the street in Poway yesterday, wearing the full garb, and I thought... "Better get used to the heat". So here I am making jokes about a real persons eternity... The thing is, didn't really feel bad for them at the time.

Here I am, Tim the Christian, making thoughtless comments about 'Mormon Joe'.
I don't like that I didn't really care about those two guys. It actually really bothers me
right now. But at the time all I could think about was getting out of my crappy, burning hot, 94' camry and getting some food in my belly.

It just shows how my personal comfort is connected with my willingness to have compassion for others.

I wish that wasn't the case...

3 comments:

Kim Tostada said...

one word- crack

Kim Tostada said...

ok, now i feel bad that I made a joking comment out of a serious post.. that was a great post and convicting too.. Gives me a lot to evaluate within myself

Eric Wakeling said...

if you are going to make fun of Hemet, at least spell it correctly - jerk. but I agree that the rest of the post is probably something that is thought by more people than will truly admit it - myself included.


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.