Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Irresponsibility is fun!

So someone broke into our church and stole 6 guitars (two of which were mine)...
One was a graduation present from my parents (a beautiful breedlove guitar), and the other was a Martin DX1, that someone gave me $ to buy, to replace my guitar that was broken at Hume Lake this year (see previous post). These were major purchases that I don't normally make, and that I probably will never be able to make again.

So we filed a police report and all that fun stuff. Now, I didn't know if our church insurance would cover the guitars, and Natalie and I don't have any home owners insurance to cover these losses. So I thought that the guitar playing phase of my life was over. But, it turns out that our church will cover the stolen instruments!

In order for this to happen we had to go to guitar center to get the serial #'s to the stolen guitars. On my way over to the store I calculated what it would cost to replace my 2 guitars, and so assumed that this is what I'll get from the insurance company... (assuming is a bad idea) As we walked in, my friend, who had 3 guitars
stolen, suggested we go look at possible replacements (another bad idea).

So to make a long story short, here is my new guitar bought with $ I hope is coming from the churches insurance sometime soon.




It's a gibson hummingbird custom quiltback...



I absolutely love it, and it sounds like butta!

Irresponsible... yes.
Would I do it again... probable not.
Am I happy I did it? HECK YES!

1 comment:

Jason Hardy said...

It's bueatiful!! Consider it a doube investment, it will make you look better and you could sell it for more money. Just tryng to help u justify it, haha


About Me

I'm a follower of Jesus, Husband to a beautiful wife, father to an amazing boy, and Pastor to wonderful people. I live in Alameda with my wife Natalie. I love food and have secret aspirations of being a chef. I would also love to live in the mountains some day, and have a closet full of flannels.